CTCPA hosts pages on several public tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr, and YouTube along with CTCPA Connect, our private online community that allows users to ask questions and share knowledge within the professional community.
Opinions and views expressed within the communities are solely those of the author(s) and do not represent the CTCPA. By participating in online platforms that are CTCPA branded, you agree that you have read, understand, and will adhere to these terms and code of conduct. CTCPA reserves the right to delete posts and/or suspend or terminate accounts for individuals who violate these terms.
- Use the online community to share knowledge, build your reputation as an expert, and help fellow CPAs.
- Include your name and affiliation in postings.
- Be polite, respectful, and professional in your posts and replies.
- Give credit where credit is due by citing your sources.
- Search before posting a question, as your question may have been answered already.
- Report inappropriate or illegal postings you find within the community to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Talk about fees. Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Share client information that violates Rule 301, Confidential Client Information, of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Post promotional messages (e.g., products/services, job postings, firm/business acquisitions, professional development programs, or events not affiliated with CTCPA).
- Post unnecessary messages to the whole group; instead, send appreciative notes directly to the sender rather than posting to the whole group.
- Post or send inappropriate or unprofessional messages or materials. All defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, and illegal materials are strictly prohibited and may be removed.
- Respond to user complaints about specific postings.
- Remove a posting if it violates the terms and etiquette.
- Remove a member from the online community who continues to violate the terms and etiquette.
- Create new groups as requested when there is sufficient interest by members.
- Occasionally display, copy, publish, and distribute information posted within the forums for the purposes of marketing and encouraging member usage.
- Edit postings.
- Pay for postings to CTCPA Connect.
- Review postings for technical accuracy.
CTCPA social media pages, accounts, websites, and the online community are provided as a service of CTCPA. CTCPA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others. CTCPA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by CTCPA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall CTCPA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant to CTCPA and the members of this community the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. CTCPA does not actively monitor these sites for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to CTCPA's attention, CTCPA will take all appropriate action.
CTCPA reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines. If you have questions, suggestions, or problems using CTCPA Connect, please contact Community Manager Melissa Thompson at email@example.com or 860-258-0229.
Any tax advice in CTCPA Connect communications is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed by any governmental taxing authority or agency, or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein. No warranty or representation, express or implied, is made by the Connecticut Society of CPAs (CTCPA), nor does CTCPA accept any liability with respect to the information and data set forth herein. Distribution hereof does not constitute legal, tax, accounting, investment, or other professional advice.